3rd round awaits Rowlett
November 22, 2011 • Bernie Ceniceros
Filed under Sports
The Rowlett Eagles square off Saturday afternoon in a Texas 5A Division II play off match against Westfield High School from Houston.
Westfield enters the match after beating Leander High School 13-7 in a tightly contested affair. Rowlett punched their ticket into this game by dismantling Copperas Cove High School 48-38 at the Dallas Coyboys Stadium.
Westfield finished the district season with a 4-3 record, while Rowlett fell twice to end the district with five wins and two losses. Westfield are ranked at number 19 in the state versus Rowlett’s spot of 86, and are the favored team. Interestingly, Rowlett went into the last game as underdogs and convincingly exceeded expectations.
The game is Nov. 26 and will be played at Georgetown at 2 pm. Although Westfield High is favored, both teams enter confidently into what promises to be an eventful match.
Last 5 posts in Sports
- Freshman brings experience to infield for Lady Eagles softball - April 25th, 2013
- Athletic Director retires after 12 years at RHS - December 11th, 2012
- Lady Eagles beat Nation's best, extend win streak. - March 6th, 2012
- Eagles beat Lakeview, earn 6th straight win - January 24th, 2012
- Volleyball Playoff Interview with Ms. Haggan - December 6th, 2011