Eagles struggle against new district opponent
October 29, 2010 • Eunique Jones
Filed under Sports
The Eagles came out prepared for a fight against the district tied McKinney Boyd Broncos. The results of this game determine the district champion.
The Eagles and Broncos clashed hard in the first quarter and they both put seven points on the scoreboard. The Broncos offense drove hard down the field in the second quarter scoring a touchdown and three point conversion to the Eagles one touchdown.
After half time, the Broncos created a gap by scoring 21 points in the third quarter. The Eagles scored one touchdown and a field goal in the third quarter. In the fourth quarter, the Eagles defense held the Broncos to one field goal attempt. The final score was 41-17, the second defeat for the Varsity Eagles.
Key players of the game were Seniors Treyvon Green with 80 rushing yards, Chris Osborne with 23 receiving yards, and Chase Thrasher with nine receiving yards. The alternate quarterback Colton Kalmus completed 14 of 27 attempted passes.
Last 5 posts in Sports
- Freshman brings experience to infield for Lady Eagles softball - April 25th, 2013
- Athletic Director retires after 12 years at RHS - December 11th, 2012
- Lady Eagles beat Nation's best, extend win streak. - March 6th, 2012
- Eagles beat Lakeview, earn 6th straight win - January 24th, 2012
- Volleyball Playoff Interview with Ms. Haggan - December 6th, 2011